Here we are again, time to round-up all of your firsts for another month. I started this series of posts because I have a type of epilepsy that affects my short-term memory. Quite simply if I don’t write it down I forget it. I don’t want to forget the moments that have brought a smile to my face, those that pulled at my heart-strings and even those that left me wanting to rip my hair out in frustration.
This month there really is no other place to start. In the space of one week you had a whole lot of firsts. For this month you started in Reception. I can’t say started school because you were there in Nursery class. But this year is definitely a step up. In more ways than one. So Harry here is what happened in September:
- Went full-time – those that told me you would be shattered clearly underestimated your stamina.
- Had school dinners – which is a massive relief for me as I HATE making packed lunches. The menu looks amazing and is obviously a winner. The highlight of your day by all accounts. First thing you mention is what you’ve had for pudding. You definitely take after your father.
- Stopped going to the child minder – a very sad time for both of us as you have been so happy there. Roll on school holidays when you can catch up with the rest of the gang.
- Went to morning (fun) club – as far as you are concerned fun club is not fun at all. We have had full-blown tantrums because you don’t want to go. But you were caught out. Seems you are known as Mr Chatterbox and a hit with the ladies. Sheepish – damn right you were. I soon got over my guilt.
- Went to afternoon club – now then this is a winner. “Mummy don’t come so early for me”. I’m pleased and saddened at the same time. The highlight of my day is racing home from work to collect you.
- Had homework – which meant so did we. It is only reading and letter recognition at the moment…. I am so proud of the teacher’s comments in your progress diary. Let’s hope we can ALL keep it up.
Love you x