Harry has just finished his first year in Nursery Class. On the last day of term I sent him in with a card and a box of chocolates for Teacher. But I feel a £2 box of Dairy Milk and a piece of paper doesn’t really convey all the things I was grateful for over the last school year. So this is my heartfelt official thanks and here are the 7 reasons why:
- Thank you for putting up with him taking everything (and I mean everything) off when he went to the toilet for a poo. Thankfully he had grown out of it by the Xmas.
- Thank you for doing up his trainers “really tightly”. He can never have them tight enough. It drives me nuts, I can only imagine what it does to you when you have 24 other children to cope with.
- Thank you for persevering with him when he insists on having the zip on his coat done all the way up to the top – whatever the weather.
- Thank you for turning a blind eye when he untucks his t-shirt. No matter how often his Daddy tucks it in and asks him not too, it is just something that he is going to do. Some battles are just not worth having.
- Thank you for all your efforts encouraging him to do makey-doo. It is commendable even though it is fruitless.
- Thank you for re-adjusting his socks each time they twisted, albeit slightly. I know he is very particular about his socks being just right.
- Thank you for allowing him to bring in 100+ toys over the school year. And more importantly, ensuring the 100+ toys made it home every evening.
What do you think hey? Did a box of chocolates get all of that across?
Harry’s Honest Mummy x
If you like this post then you may like this school-related one as well. Click here and enjoy.