It’s that time of the month again when I round-up all the firsts that we have achieved in the month – warts and all. It was a series of posts I started because I was struggling to keep track of what you did and when you did it. Some of the things make me laugh, some frustrate me and others are just magical. All moments worth sharing and keeping for future reading. It’s been a quieter month than most, but I think that’s more my fault for failing to write things down because I have been so distracted by work. For that I can only apologise. So, Harry this is what you got up to in March:
- Suffered brain freeze from stuffing way too much ice cream in your mouth at once.
- Took part in a wheelbarrow race.
- Went to Doncaster – and went all that way nappy-free and with no accidents.
- Ate scampi (albeit it was on my plate for me)
- Touched a frog.
- Touched a newt (“little lizard” as you called it).
- Had smoked salmon and scrambled eggs – yet again it was mine and was lovingly made for me by Daddy for Mothers Day. I saw very little of it in the end.
- Made grass dens for all of your dinosaurs – and in the process left gaping holes in our garden.
- Wished me Happy Mothers Day – swiftly followed by “Mummy I need a poo”. The lie-in abruptly ended.
- Ate rabbit toast – or to be more precise, they were pieces of toast that I had cut in to rabbit shapes. It didn’t half confuse everyone when you told them what you’d had. Especially when I kept a completely blank face and gave no explanation – I’ve got to have some fun.
- Travelled around the park on a model train – although I think I was more excited than you. You wanted to keep leaping off it to run after the squirrels.
- Got two black eyes (and a pretty nasty cut and swollen nose) – you were running too fast and not looking where you were going. You ran straight across your friend and you both went flying. Typically you came off the worst. You were more upset about the mud on your jeans until you saw your reflection. Then you screamed the place down and wouldn’t stop until we put a plaster on it. You looked ridiculous, but very cute.
Thankfully your model good looks are still in tact and there is no lasting damage. You might just snore a little bit louder for the next few weeks. Something else that you take after me for.
Love you x