I started this series of posts a few months ago because I was struggling to remember all of the things my little man was doing. He is growing up so fast and learning new things at an alarming speed that it is hard to keep up with him. The days are blurring in to each other. Despite re-assuring myself I was bound not to forget such special moments I have to concede that it is far easier said than done. I have therefore decided to keep a list of all his “1st’s”.
Harry, this is what you did for the 1st time in August 2015:
- Went to your first live show – OK it wasn’t Cold Play or Dirty Dancing Live, but Mummy has to concede that In The Night Garden Live was pretty good fun. Watching a room full of adults reduced to singing “Yes my name is Iggle Piggle” is a memory that never fails to make me laugh
- Fell in love with a guinea pig – next year’s birthday present idea has already been wrapped up (not literally, because that would be wrong)
- Bottle fed lambs – you also fed goats, horses, and cows but by then the excitement had waned a little
- Went on a tractor ride and got to sit in the cab
- Held a baby crab – it was dead but I didn’t have the heart to tell you. I said it was sleeping
- Started saying “mine” a lot. “My dinosaur, My Daddy, My Mummy, …..”
- Started picking flowers for Mummy – I have had a great collection of daisies, buttercups and dandelions this summer
- Stayed up past 8pm
- Got upset because you were being picked on by an older boy – Mummy looked him in the eye and told him very calmly – and without blinking – that it wasn’t nice for a 6-year-old boy to be calling you names. I was pleased that I showed such restraint. A 1st for Mummy.
- Blew out someone else’s candles on their birthday cake (much to everyone’s amusement)
- Won a Best Boy Dancer award
- Said “Hello Lady” to a man with a ponytail that served us with drinks at Mummy’s favourite coffee shop
And my favourite thing you did this month is pronounce caravan as “zaziban”. It is just such a fabulous word. I love it so much that I am going to use that word for EVER as it makes caravanning sound so much better than it really is! I am already looking forward to plenty more weekends at our zaziban.
Harry’s Honest Mummy x
Time goes by so quickly that I find it useful to jot down all the things that my little cheeky monkey did for the first time during the month. I call it my Month of 1st’s. I want this to be something I can look back on to remind myself of major milestones and tender moments. I also can’t believe how quickly time is passing and how much he is growing up. Here is what happened for the first time in July.
- Finger painting – I am not the arty type, so in a moment of madness I got the paints out and we decided to give it a go. How did it go? I got two pictures, a tie dye t-shirt (not in the plan) and some stained glass windows (also not in the plan).
- Big boys bed – we might be a bit late to do this but only because your Daddy needed to find the time to do it. And after seeing how fiddly it was I was left in no doubt as to why he wouldn’t let me have a go.
- Associated Wimbledon with grunting and not with playing tennis – Sharapova v Williams. Need I say anymore?
- Got a big boys haircut
- Turned 2 (sob – slow down!!)
- Started saying Happy Birthday to everyone and then expecting cake – GaGa, Hollie, Mummy and Harry have all had their birthday this month so it must have been very confusing.
- Amazed us with saying the names of your Dinosaurs – T-Rex, Stegosaurus, and my favourite one that you say Dictodocuth (Diplodocus)
- Won an award for best boy dancer and surprised and delighted Mummy and Daddy with your disco moves – gandam style!
- Went on a boat as a birthday treat and said hello to every dog, canoeist, rower and duck that we went past
- Saw a tramp – and courtesy of big sister who taught you the word – you then said it to numerous passers-by that day.
- Didn’t eat the sand when we went to the beach – YYYEEAAAHHH! To understand my joy please feel free to read the horror story of our last beach excursion – Pooping Sandcastles
- Had your very first dinner date – Mummy cooked up cod loin wrapped in Italian breadcrumbs on a bed of dauphinoise shaped potatoes covered in bean jus – OK, OK fish fingers, potato waffles and beans. In my defence I am a working mum and by no means a contestant for Masterchef.
And on the very last day of the month you were able to say the words “Happy Birthday Mummy”. A truly magical moment and better than any present I could have wished for.
Harry’s Honest Mummy x